Earlier this year Thame Hub announced Thomley as our charity of the year for 2019. On Saturday 1st June we hosted a charity ball at The Oxford Belfry Hotel which was attended by 120 guests including staff of Thomley and Thame Hub, friends, families from Thomley, plus clients and readers of Thame Hub.
The night was a huge success and we are delighted to announce our total profit for Thomley is £3,693.40. The dancefloor was full until carriages arrived at 1am! The money will help Thomley to continue offering a unique service for disabled people from all over the country. There are several items that we are buying with the raised funds (a selection below) with the remaining balance going directly to the provision of services.
- A two seat go-kart so those unable to drive can still get the experience of Thomley’s cycle track: www.gokarts4u.com/adult-go-karts/342-berg-duo-chopper-go-kart.html
- A rowing machine for Thomley’s teenage / adult mini-gym
- A year membership for a family who struggle to afford to attend the centre
- A pager system for visitors in the café, to make it easier for them when they visit
- Gadgets to make it easier for the staff that Thomley don’t have budget to buy, like staff walky-talkys and a new panini machine
A massive thanks to all who attended, donated prizes for the raffle and auction, and supported not only us at Thame Hub but more importantly Thomley.