Funds Insight Trainee – £20-30k, plus generous benefits and full training
Defaqto is an independent researcher of financial products and funds, focused on providing intelligence to support better informed decision-making. We’re based right here in Haddenham and we’re a great place to work!
We’ll soon be launching a new customer offering for fund managers, in a joint venture with a leading support service provider for Financial Advisers. So we’re looking for someone to take on a newly created role to support this. In this role, you will produce market analysis reports for fund managers, using Excel to extract market intelligence data from our databases and then editing and formatting the output to ensure it’s accurate and appropriate in line with stakeholder expectations. You’ll then be the point of contact for queries relating to the data and wording. You’ll have access to Defaqto analytics data and will gain the opportunity to develop new ideas and insights that would be of value to fund managers for inclusion within the market analysis reports. In the future, you’ll work on a project to improve the processes and systems involved in generating the market analysis reports and automating as much of the process as possible. This will then enable you to become more involved in the development of reports.
- To be considered for this new role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent Excel skills – ideally including developing and modifying complex Pivot tables and creating VBA code (although some of this can be learned in role)
- Good PowerPoint skills – able to create and edit slides, adding graphs and diagrams
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills, able to quickly extract relevant information and draw conclusions from it
- Good numeracy, literacy and attention to detail, with the ability to reliably spot errors and inconsistencies
- Good eye for formatting documents and presentations professionally to meet stakeholder expectations
- Keen interest in investments, funds and the financial advice process, with a strong desire to develop expert knowledge in this area – support will be available for you to study towards professional qualifications
You’ll also need to be willing to travel to meetings with our joint venture partner (based in West Yorkshire) and also with fund managers and DFMs (typically in London, but potentially nationwide).
This is a great opportunity to be part of creating this new customer offering and to develop your skills and knowledge further. The role is likely to evolve as Defaqto Analytics grows, and as your personal capabilities also grow. The salary range for this role is £25-35k, dependent upon the skills and experience you can bring to the role, and you’ll also benefit from all the other great things about working for Defaqto.
Please apply for the Funds Insight Trainee role via our website: www.defaqto.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.defaqto.com/careers →