On Thursday 2 May 2019, people aged 18 and over can vote in local elections in South Oxfordshire.
- Vote for a district councillor – they will represent your local area and help make decisions on issues such as recycling collections, planning, housing, parking and leisure facilities. Thame has 3 District Councillors.
- Vote for a town councillor – they represent their communities on issues that affect them, by commenting on planning applications and other proposals, running community events, and maintaining community buildings, land and play areas. Thame has 16 Town Councillors.
Click here to view the responsibilities of the Town and District Councils in Thame.
Register to vote
To vote on 2 May you need to be registered by Friday 12 April. If you’re not already registered at your current address do so now at gov.uk/register-to-vote. No internet? Call 01235 422528 for a registration form. If you registered to vote before 8 March 2019 you should receive your polling card by 8 April (if you haven’t already). If you registered to vote on or after 9 March you will receive your card the week commencing 15 April.
Tell your friends, family and colleagues
Everyone has to register individually to vote. Tell your friends, family and colleagues to register if they haven’t already done so. And then make sure you remind them to go and vote on 2 May!
How to vote
Once you’re registered to vote, there are three different ways you can cast your ballot:
- In person at your local polling station, between 7am and 10pm on 2 May
- By post – you’ll need to register for a postal vote by 5pm on 15 April via southoxon.gov.uk/elections.
- By proxy (where someone votes on your behalf) – you’ll need to submit a separate application form and SODC must receive this by 5pm on Wednesday 24 April. More information can be found at southoxon.gov.uk/elections or by calling 01235 422 528.
Where to vote
Your polling card will tell you where to vote. Please check this carefully as there have been some changes to the polling locations in Thame.
Who you can vote for
South Oxfordshire District Council will confirm who’s up for election from 4pm today (4 April) at southoxon.gov.uk/elections and on their social media.
Find out the results
SODC will be counting the votes and announcing the results on Friday 3 May – keep an eye on southoxon.gov.uk/elections or follow their special elections results service on Twitter via @southoxvotes.
Got a question?
Please go to southoxon.gov.uk/elections or call SODC’s Election Team on 01235 422528