Website Lord Williams's School
Lord Williams’s is a thriving and popular comprehensive school in Thame with a strong pastoral ethos, judged ‘Outstanding’ in the latest Ofsted report.
We are looking for either trainee or qualified counsellors and psychotherapists to join our team on a voluntary basis. We offer placements to counsellors and psychotherapists in training, undertaking diploma or higher level courses, as well as qualified therapists looking to gain experience in an educational setting, working with 11-18 year olds.
For an informal chat, please call Amela Munro, Lead School Counsellor on 01844 210510 or please send your CV and any further information, detailing your current training / qualifications and any experience you may have to: email@example.com.
- The counselling service is accessible to all students who may self-refer or be referred by the pastoral team.
- The school is split over two sites – Lower years 7-9 and Upper year 10-13 – counselling placements take place over both sites.
- Placement counsellors are required to undertake a suitable amount of supervision per month and arrange this independently of the school.
- Placements are term time only and would usually run for one academic year. There are placements available for the academic year 2018-2019.
- We require you to be available for one day per week term time for a minimum of three hours.
- Sessions spent with young people are accepted as clinical hours towards professional accreditation and are recognised by the BACP.
- Lord Williams’s School provides safeguarding training and other mental health training as appropriate.
Lord Williams’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All volunteers will be subject to satisfactory medical, reference and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →