Defaqto is a respected, data-driven financial services software provider; we pride ourselves on delivering robust, well supported tools and applications to our customers – which include some of the biggest names in the UK financial services industry.
We’re based in Haddenham (near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire) and we’re a great place to work – just take a look at our Best Companies rating and Glassdoor reviews!
The data collected and managed by our Funds & DFMs research team is used by the majority of the UK adviser market to aid with client recommendations, to power our industry leading ratings and used by some of the largest names in the industry to provide instant and unbiased market and competitor intelligence.
We’re currently looking for a dedicated, diligent and enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of investment funds and how they link to pension & Investment products to join this team of specialist Researchers.
We’re also looking for someone with an interest in investment funds and the ability to learn quickly, to join the team on a 12-month fixed term contract starting in September 2019, to cover maternity leave. There may be the possibility of a permanent role after this, dependent upon the future growth of Defaqto’s business in this area.
The role of Researcher primarily involves:
- Researching Fund information using the internet, industry press, Fund Manager literature and telephone;
- Building effective relationships with Fund Management firms to facilitate the acquisition of accurate and up-to-date information;
- Understanding and interpreting Fund and DFM information, identifying differences from currently held data and updating the Defaqto database with new information, in a timely manner and to a high level of accuracy.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need the ability to interpret information, problem solve and think analytically, together with fast and accurate data input and audit skills. You’ll also need to be a proactive team player with an inquisitive, methodical approach to your work and a keen eye for detail.
In return, we can offer a unique and interesting role within the investment management industry. The salary range for this role is very much dependent upon your experience and expertise. A starting salary of £20-25k is available for someone without specialist investment fund knowledge. For someone with good fund knowledge and experience we can consider salaries up to £28k.
You’ll also benefit from all the other great things about working at Defaqto. In particular, we have a commitment to employee wellbeing that includes:
- Working alongside expert colleagues
- Friendly, collaborative culture
- Flexible working environment
- 5 weeks’ holiday (plus the option to buy more)
- Generous pension scheme (with an employer contribution of up to 10%)
- Life, critical illness, private medical and dental insurances
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards gym/sports club membership, plus lunchtime Pilates, Yoga and running clubs
- Social, sporting and charity support activities throughout the year
- Free parking, plus showers and a bike shelter to support cycling to work
- Free tea/coffee/squash/fruit in our kitchens
This role is based at our offices in Haddenham, near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. We are within easy commuting distance of Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Tring, Bicester, Abingdon, Oxford etc.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://vlayton@defawto →