Defaqto is a respected, data-driven financial services software provider; we pride ourselves on delivering robust, well supported tools and applications to our customers – which include some of the biggest names in the UK financial services industry.
We’re based in Haddenham (near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire) and we’re a great place to work – just take a look at our Best Companies rating and Glassdoor reviews!
We’ve recently created a new role to support the delivery of a new customer offering for fund managers. In this role, you’ll use your SQL skills to extract appropriate data from our systems, then your Excel and VBA skills to transform it into market analysis reports for presentation to our clients. You’ll initially be working with existing processes, but will be expected to research and recommend ideas to improve these processes for the future.
As our Reporting Analyst, you’ll be based within our Application Support team and will also provide assistance with database-related support issues and reporting solutions.
To be considered for this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- Good MS SQL Server / T-SQL / Stored Procedures
- Advanced Excel
- At least basic VBA
Any of these additional technical skills would be highly desirable, but could be learned on the job:
- Advanced VBA
- Power BI, or equivalent
- SSAS / SSRS / SSIS
- Visual Studio
In order to fulfil the role effectively, you’ll need to develop a good working knowledge of investment products, platforms and funds, and the financial advice process. So an interest in financial services is essential.
You don’t need to have lots of experience, but must be someone self-motivated, enthusiastic, inquisitive, proactive and determined to support the future growth of the company.
In return, we can offer a salary of £24-32k (depending on your skills and experience) together with a great opportunity to join our hard working, intelligent and close knit technology team. You’ll have access to a wealth of experience from its established members, where knowledge sharing is both expected and encouraged.
You’ll also benefit from all the other great things about working at Defaqto. In particular, we have a commitment to employee wellbeing that includes:
- Working alongside expert colleagues
- Friendly, collaborative culture
- Flexible working environment
- 5 weeks’ holiday (plus the option to buy more)
- Generous pension scheme (with an employer contribution of up to 10%)
- Life, critical illness, private medical and dental insurances
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards gym/sports club membership, plus lunchtime Pilates, Yoga and running clubs
- Social, sporting and charity support activities throughout the year
- Free parking, plus showers and a bike shelter to support cycling to work
- Free tea/coffee/squash/fruit in our kitchens
This role is based at our offices in Haddenham, near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. We are within easy commuting distance of Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Tring, Bicester, Abingdon, Oxford etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com