Website Lord Williams's School Day Nursery
Qualified Nursery Nurse, level 2 or 3 in childcare Full & part time candidates welcome to apply
Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is a private day nursery under new management.
We provide care for children in and around Thame offering a stimulating, caring and secure environment with a fun loving and family atmosphere. We are on the Arriva 280 bus route that runs between Aylesbury and Oxford which offers a frequent and reliable service and if driving we are situated close to the M40 motorway with easy links to High Wycombe, Oxford and surrounding areas.
Do you want to be part of a friendly team who are passionate about meeting the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and educational needs of children?
Are you passionate about inspiring children to be the best they can be?
If so, we have a great opportunity for Qualified Nursery Practitioners/Nursery Nurses to join our team and we want to hear from you!
The Role – as Nursery Nurse, you will:
- Assist with the planning of age appropriate, challenging and stimulating and adult led activities, meeting the individual needs of children taking into account their interests and stage of development.
- Working as part of a team, communicating effectively with children and their families, colleagues and all users of the nursery.
- As a key person you will build strong relationships with your key children and work in partnership with their families. You will plan & observe children regularly, assess and develop their learning to ensure they are progressing.
- Creating and maintaining an individual plan of children’s interests and activities to cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their families and all visitors and users of the nursery.
- Mentor, support and oversee all apprentice Nursery Practitioners, unqualified Nursery Practitioners and students; helping them meet requirements.
- Level 2 or above in Childcare & Education
- GCSE’s at grade C or above in Maths & English
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of child development.
- Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Fire and emergency regulations.
- Knowledge of basic statutory and operational guidance from OFSTED
- Flexible to the changing needs of the nursery with the ability to meet the demands of a busy daily nursery schedule.
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest with a good absence and timekeeping record
- Ability to use discretion and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use creativity to help plan and implement learning projects and themes
- Health and Safety qualification e.g. First Aid, Food Hygiene
- Previous experience of working in a nursery
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Online benefits portal offering a range of special offers, discounts and last minute deals saving you money on everyday items and lifestyle purchases at over 200 highstreets and online retailers.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee childcare discounts
- In-house training & career development opportunities and CPD opportunity’s
- On site free car parking
- Company pension scheme
- Staff social events
- Annual Christmas subsidised event
- Opportunity to support with fundraising events
Full Time Positions / Part Time Positions
Working hours: 8 hours per day plus 1-hour lunch break, shifts between the hours of 7.45am – 5.15pm. We work 44 weeks per year term time, including half terms and 2 weeks’ summer club during the first 4 weeks of the 6 weeks’ summer holiday. Holidays are taken when the nursery is closed.
If you feel that you meet the requirements or would like to have an informal discussion about the role in more detail, please apply today. Contact Sonjia Nicholson, Nursery Manager on 01844.260231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com