Website Thames Valley Partnership
Thames Valley Partnership seeks a new full time manager to support the work of the Board of Trustees, the Director, core team and programme managers. This is a 37.5 hour post based at the Partnership offices in, Chilton, Buckinghamshire HP18 9NA. The salary for this post is in line with NJC Payscale PO4 (pt 41 £36,379 to pt 44 £39,177 dependent on experience).
Overview of the Role
You will be responsible for the management and operation of our finances, providing efficient, accurate and timely reporting on financial performance of the programmes and delivering administrative support services to ensure the smooth running of the office.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Financial Management – you will oversee the work of the Finance Officer and ensure the day to day financial tasks are completed. These will include the banking transactions, purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank reconciliations and VAT return;
· Management accounts – preparation of monthly management accounts.
· Payroll – you will prepare and process salaries on a monthly basis;
· Year-end accounts – preparation of year end accounts for audit and Annual Report and Accounts;
· Company Secretary functions – managing the Board of Trustees meetings including AGM, agendas, papers and minutes;
· Governance – reporting to Companies House and Charity Commission;
· Regulatory requirements – responsible for health and safety and fire safety compliance;
· Contract management – responsible for managing and renewing facilities contracts;
· Human Resources – responsibility for all HR functions in conjunction with our HR consultants, Peninsula;
· Team management – line management of core administrative team;
· Data Protection – responsible for data protection compliance;
· Undertaking any other responsibilities that may be required;
· Providing prompt and helpful support to programmes, when necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Demonstrable experience in an office management role;
· Demonstrable experience in an finance management role;
· Experience dealing with auditors;
· Experience of working within the voluntary sector;
· Experience of SAGE 50 Accounts and SAGE 50 Payroll;
· Experience of project accounting;
· Demonstrable HR experience;
· Knowledge of Data Protection;
· Strong organisational and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to work to tight deadlines;
· Strong IT skills/Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
· Ability to work to high level of accuracy with attention to detail;
· Ability to manage and prioritise own workload;
· Experience of line managing;
· Great team player;
· Excellent communication skills.
· Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA);
· Experience of fundraising;
· Previous experience working with volunteers;
· Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice system.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th October, 5pm
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 1st November (at TVP Office in Chilton, Bucks HP18 9NA)
Application Process: Please send completed Application Form, a CV and covering email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of Patsy Townsend, Director, Thames Valley Partnership, Townhill Barn, Dorton Rd, Chilton, Bucks HP18 9NA.
A full Job Description, Application Form and information on the work of the Partnership can be found on the website:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com