Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is a committee-led day nursery in Thame Oxfordshire with registered charity status.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Early Years Teacher or someone with Qualified Teacher Status to join the team at Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery. This is a full time, permanent position which will require you to work Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00pm. The salary will be in the region of £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience and hours worked.
The Role – As Early Years Teacher you will:
- Have proven success in managing and leading a team in improving quality teaching and learning in early years.
- Have a proactive approach to taking responsibility for getting tasks done.
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Work closely with the staff to help them develop reflective practice and promote good outcomes for all children.
- Support staff with observation, assessment and planning in line with legislative requirements and the policies and procedures of the setting.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the EYFS and be able to devise a curriculum to suit the developmental needs of all the children across the setting from birth to five years.
- Work alongside senior management team on the improvement plan of the nursery.
- Keep up to date with news and research within the sector and consider how this will impact on your own practice and the team.
- Build relationships with local schools to create a smooth transition for every child
- Ensure your professional practice enables you to work effectively with all members of the team to the highest standards.
- Be a key person to a small group of children and ensure that all team members complete record keeping in a timely manner.
- Be expected to share the commitment of the setting to promote the welfare and safety of all the children according to our safeguarding policy and work to maintain a healthy and safe environment at all times.
- Early Years Teacher status (EYT) or Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of child development.
- Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Fire and Emergency regulations.
- Knowledge of basic statutory and operational guidance from OFSTED
- Flexible to the changing needs of the nursery with the ability to meet the demands of a busy daily nursery schedule.
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest with a good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Ability to use discretion and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use creativity to help plan and implement learning projects and themes.
- Health and Safety qualification e.g. Paediatric First Aid, Food Hygiene.
- Previous experience of working in an Early years setting
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Online benefits portal offering a range of special offers, discounts and last minute deals saving you money on everyday items and lifestyle purchases at over 200 highstreets and online retailers.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee childcare discounts
- In-house training and career development opportunities and CPD
- On site free car parking
- Company pension scheme
- Staff social events
- Annual Christmas subsidised event
Full Time Position
Working hours: 7 hours per day plus 1-hour lunch break. The nursery is open 44 weeks of the year including half terms and four weeks in July/August for summer club, however there is scope to be flexible. You will be expected to take your holiday while the nursery is closed.
If you feel that you meet the requirements or would like to have an informal discussion about the role in more detail, please apply today. Contact Sonjia Nicholson, Nursery Manager on 01844 260231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory medical, reference and DBS clearance and The Asylum and Immigration Act ID checks.
Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is a registered charity; number 1089101
To apply for this job please visit lordwilliams.oxon.sch.uk.