Chiltern Railways has advised customers travelling on the weekend of the 19th and 20th of October that there will be engineering works taking place between London Marylebone and Bicester.
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October
Network Rail engineering works in the Haddenham & Thame Parkway area, together with high speed rail preparation works at West Ruislip means that the line between Marylebone and Bicester is closed at multiple locations.
Who will be affected?
A heavily-amended timetable will be operating and all journeys will be affected. Journey times will be considerably longer than usual. Customers may need to travel on other operator’s service, on rail replacement buses, and/or on London Underground services.
Amended routemap available here.
- Saturday London-HighWycombe-Oxford-Birmingham
- Saturday London-Amersham-Aylesbury-AylesburyVale
- Sunday London-HighWycombe-Oxford-Birmingham
- Sunday London-Amersham-Aylesbury-AylesburyVale
What service will operate?
Chiltern Railways train services will operate as follows (in both directions):
- 1 per hour Oxford – Banbury – stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 1 per hour Bicester North – Banbury – stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 per hour Oxford – stations to Bicester Village.
- 2 per hour Gerrards Cross – stations to Princes Risborough (1 per hour)/Aylesbury (1 per hour).
- Periodic service Leamington Spa – stations to Stratford Upon Avon.
- Periodic service Leamington Spa – stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 per hour Marylebone – Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham).
- 2 per hour Marylebone – Aylesbury (via Amersham).
Rail Replacement bus services will operate as follows (in both directions):
- 2 per hour Aylesbury Vale Parkway – Bicester Village.
- 1 per hour Aylesbury Vale Parkway – Bicester North.
- 1 per hour Princes Risborough – stations to Bicester North.
- 2 per hour High Wycombe – Amersham.
- 2 per hour Gerrards Cross – stations to Hillingdon and West Ruislip (London Underground connections).
- Arriva 280 scheduled service Haddenham & Thame Parkway – Aylesbury.
Advice to customers
Please allow plenty of time for your journey and be advised that customers may need to travel with other operators and/or on London Underground services.
As always, customers can save time at stations by purchasing their tickets online or via our free app.
Monday 21st – Thursday 24th October
Due to Network Rail engineering works in the Wembley Stadium area, an amended timetable will operate after 23.20. Late night services between Marylebone and stations to Banbury and Oxford via High Wycombe will be subject to alteration and rail replacement bus operation for all or part of the journey. During this period, journey times will be longer than usual.
Amended Train Times:
Advice to customers
If you are travelling on late-night services please allow additional time for your journey. As always, customers can save time at stations by purchasing their tickets online or via our free app.