Here’s Thames Valley Police’s top tips to protect your home against burglary in this warm weather:
- Fit window opening restrictors to all ground floor and other easily accessible windows. This will allow ventilation while restricting access.
- Close and lock all windows and doors, even if just out in the garden.
- Remove window and door keys from the locks, store out of reach and away from your letterbox.
- Keep valuables out of sight, along with any visible signs including charging cables.
- Hide the keys to your vehicle, and if you have a keyless entry, store the fob in a RFID pouch to block the signal.
For more tips to protect your home, download your free Home Security Guide from the Thames Valley Police website here: Security Guide